Friday 20 January 2017

Easter Chicky #2

Hello friends!


I have another Easter card to share with you for SparkleNSprinkle!

Supply List:

Canary Flocking - FL108
Spring Willow Embossing Powder - EP388
Frosted Juniper Embossing Powder - EP406
Versafine Ink - TSVF082
Fairytale Lavender Glitter - G1129
Foam Squares - 01613


To start making this card, I started by stamping the Floral Image around the outside of my cardstock using Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on the Frosted Juniper Embossing Powder and heat set.  I used an Oval Die to cut out the center of the piece to create my "window".



I stamped the adorable Chicky image onto a piece of white cardstock using Versafine Ink.  Using my Glue Pen, I "colored" the chicky with glue and sprinkled on the Canary Flocking - creating a soft, fuzzy chick!  Adorable, right?


Magic Speckle Embossing Powder was added to the eggshell image (again, I used my Glue Pen to add adhesive where I wanted the embossing powder to go - and let it dry slightly so it becomes "tacky").  I didn't have to "stay in the lines" as I was going to cut out the image aftwerwards.  Doesn't it make it look like an actual eggshell?  After all my Flocking and Embossing Powder were added, I fussy cut the images and set them aside.




Next up - coloring my flowers! I stamped my flower arches with Versafine ink and colored them with my Prismacolor Pencils. They were fussy cut out as well. I added a bit of Fairytale Lavender Glitter to the centers using the Nuvo Small Glue Pen.  The sentiment was stamped using Versamark Ink and embossed with Frosted Juniper Spring Willow EP and heat set for some extra embellishment.

Onto the background!  I added a layer of 1/2" Tear-ific Tape around the outside edge of my green cardstock piece. After peeling off the protective backing, I added the Silver Bullion Gilding Flakes.  They are sure fun to work with - just make sure your furnace doesn't kick in while you are using them (my vent is above my desk - you can image what happened! LOL Flakes flying everywhere!).

  

All the layers were adhered together using 1/2" Tear-ific Tape and I popped the Chicky, sentiment and flowers up with Foam Squares for some dimension.  Finally, I added 4 drops of the Key Lime Jewel Drops to each corner.




I hope you enjoy this card and set about creating some of your own fun Easter Creations!

Until next time,


 photo MHKDesigns_FreshByJess_Signature.png

3 comments:

  1. Love the use of all the different product. Fun card Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Magic Speckle EP is exactly perfect! You nailed the egg shell!!! That chicky is super cute. Also love the flower border. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete