Friday 23 December 2016

SparkleNSprinkle - Rustic Flowers - Snapdragons


Hello friends!


I'm up on the SparkleNSprinkle Blog today with a pretty new floral card, featuring the Rustic Flowers - Snapdragons stamp set!


Supply List:
This was such an easy card to put together!  To start, print out the gorgeous pre-colored image onto white cardstock.  Using the Nuvo Small Glue Pen, add your Glitters to the different flowers. I used Dogwood Rose, Ballerina, Tiger Orange and Daisy Glitters on my flowers.  Soooo pretty!

I really wanted to emphasize the copper of the gorgeous can holding the flowers. So, I grabbed my Copper Embossing Powder and added some detail using the Nuvo Small Pen - heat setting of course!  The results were just gorgeous!


Fussy cut out the entire image, then set aside while you go to work on the background.

To make the background, I took a piece of light green cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder. I just loved the look of the Clematis Vine Tonic Die, so I die cut one out using a darker green cardstock.  I attached the embossed panel to the cardbase with 1/2" Tear-ific Tape, then used the Small Glue Pen once again to adhere my die cut piece of cardstock.  

Foam Squares were used to pop up the focal image to give more dimension. I printed off the sentiment onto white cardstock and used the glue pen one more time to add a pop of Copper Embossing Powder to the word "Cheer".  A bit of ribbon was added and I used the Foam Squares again to adhere the sentiment.

See that nifty brush? It's a set that's now available in the SNS Shop that helps to pop out all the little pieces from intricate die cuts! I LOVE IT! It's called the Sizzix Die Brush & Foam Set!



Finally, I had tons of fun with the NEW Jewel Drops in Key Lime!  I added a bunch of "dots" all over the background, then set aside to dry.  I LOVE the finished look!  Soooo sparkly!  They go on opaque and dry more clear. You HAVE to try them out sometime soon!

 


Thanks for popping by - and I just want to wish everyone a very Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas (since this is my last post before Christmas!)

Cheers!

Jess

1 comment:

  1. Jess! Gorgeous!!!! I love love love the Copper embossing powder on the vase. It really makes the can pop! Your glittered flowers are simply stunning. I love all the dot drops on the background too. Just, wow!

    ReplyDelete