Friday 22 July 2016

SparkleNSprinkle - Christmas Skates in July

Hello friends!

IMG_0020

I'm up on the SparkleNSprinkle Blog with a new card featuring "The Christmas Skate" Stamp Set.  I just adore this set - it's so cute and perfect for the holidays.

Here is my full supply list (you can click on each product to find it in the Shop):
Phew!  Now that the list is out of the way, onto the card itself!

IMG_9919 IMG_9920 IMG_9921

First I started by making my background. I took the sentiment stamp from "The Christmas Skate" stamp set and randomly stamped it across my paper using Versamark Ink.  Then, I sprinkled on the Mojito Marbled Embossing Powder and heat set, making my own patterned paper background!  I set that aside and sent to work on my coloring.  I stamped the skate image using Versamark and used Black Detail Embossing Powder to create my outline.  I took my TwinTouch markers and colored in the image (I like to use the Stamp Card as a guide to help me with my coloring! ;) ). Once I was done, I die cut out the entire image using a large oval.  I added some Reflection Velvet Glitter to the skate blades using my Quicky Glue Pen as my adhesive.  The Glue Pen is always an essential product to have on hand!

IMG_9923 IMG_9922

To make the glitter background piece, I took a piece of Sticker Paper and die cut out a large Label Frame.  I removed the protective backing and sprinkled on the Victorian Christmas Glitter, burnishing well with my finger tool!  I mostly did the edges as I knew the middle would be covered by the skate image and I don't want to waste my beautiful glitter!

IMG_9932 IMG_9933

Once my glitter was well burnish, I took a few strips of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and attached the colored skate image to the glittered background sticker paper and then again to the background.  I tied 2 pieces of the MonAmiGabby Pull Ribbon around the card panel and made the gorgeous bow. I just love pull ribbon, don't you?

The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of white cardstock using Versamark Ink and embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder.  I die cut it out using a smaller oval and then gently rolled the edges into my Versamark Pad.  I sprinkled on Moss Star Embossing Powder and heat set. I popped up the sentiment using Foam Squares and then attached the entire card panel to my base using Tear-ific Tape.

IMG_9924

To finish the card, I used my Ruby Slippers Nuvo drops to create "brads" in the corners and I created a holly leaf & berries next to the sentiment using Woodland Green Crystal Drops & Ruby Slippers Glitter Drops.

I hope you are inspired to get a start on your Christmas Cards now - I sure am!

IMG_0021

Until next time,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment