Friday 24 June 2016

Watercolor Flowers with SparkleNSprinkle!


Hello friends!



Happy Friday!

I'm back with another GORGEOUS card for SparkleNSprinkle June Release!  This time, I did a lot of fussy cutting and I think it sure added a ton of WOW factor to the card!

Supply List:
- Crimson
- Violet

To begin my card, I started by watercoloring a piece of Watercolor Paper using the Ken Oliver Color Burst Powders.  I simply sprinkled some of the powder on and created a sort of ombre effect using my aquapainter. I dried the paper using my heat tool (although you could just simply set it aside to dry - I was impatient! hehe).  Then, I used my Wild Rose Stamp and Memento Black Ink to stamp flowers all over my watercolor background. Then I grabbed my paper snips and started cutting out all those gorgeous flowers!  
























Once all my flowers were cut out, I started to create the card itself.  I used a square piece of Watercolor Paper and stamped a full set of flowers in the corner using Memento Black Ink.  I took my Jade Nuance Watercolor powder and painted in my leaves.  Now is where the fun comes in!  I started piecing back together my flowers using my fussy cut pieces!  I popped some up on Foam Squares for added dimension and texture to the card.  I also used my Quicky Glue Pen (a MUST HAVE in your craft stash!) and added some Hyacinth Glitter to the center of some of the flowers.  I stamped the "Happy Birthday" Sentiment using Versamark Ink and embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder. Simple and elegant I think!

 


To finish my card, I added some green and purple cardstock layers.  I used Embossing Folders (Diamond Pattern and Brick Pattern) to emboss both my background and my cardbase itself. I also added a natural fiber ribbon from my stash. All layers were attached with 1/8" Tear-ific Tape.  This stuff holds EVERYTHING together perfectly well. Such a versatile and amazing adhesive product.  I added some layers on the inside as well as another sentiment stamped with Versamark and embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder.  I also added an extra color brush stroke with my Aquapainter and Watercolor Powder.  Just a little finishing touch.


I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do.  I sure had fun making it. 

Until next time,

Jess


2 comments: