Friday 11 December 2015

SparkleNSprinkle - Christmas Stocking


Hello again!


I'm a Guest Designer again this week over at SparkleNSprinkle!  


We were given a "grab bag" of goodies to design with this month, and I was given a Chipboard Stocking & Super Adhesive Sheets to play with....and off I went!











We were given a "grab bag" of goodies to design with this month, and I was given a Chipboard Stocking & Super Adhesive Sheets to play with....and off I went!
First, I traced the outline of the stocking & stocking topper onto the Super Adhesive Sheet and then cut them out. I removed one side of the adhesive backing and applied it to my diecut pieces.  Next, I took a ruler and an exacto knife and cut through the backing part only to create the "stripes" & the toe/heel.

I removed the backing where I wanted the Terrific Blue Glitter to adhere, sprinkled on the glitter and burnished well with my finger tool. I continued the same process for the Sonic Silver Glitter stripes & I used Sparkling Snow Glitter on the toe/heel portions.  Such a fun and easy technique!
To make the top part of the stocking, I removed the backing to expose the adhesive, sprinkled on the Super Thick White Embossing Powder and heat set. I loved the "cracked" look it created!
I adhered the 2 pieces together to finish the stocking using Tearific Tape.  I used a piece of MonAmiGabby's Pull Ribbon to create the hanger.

Artwork By: Jess Kaiser

I created a quick tag to finish off the piece.  I used a stamp from Toyland Bear to stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink, sprinkled on Black Detail Embossing Powder, and heat set.  I doodled with the Sakura Glue Pen around the sentiment and quickly added some Sonic Silver Glitter for added sparkle!  To finish the tag, I created a "Glitter Twine" using Tear-ific Tape, Sonic Silver Glitter & Demo Donna's latest Video Technique Club, which you can find here.  It's such a cool little technique! I added the tag to the stocking with Tear-ific Tape. I took a Sponge Dauber and some craft white ink to lightly sponge around the edges to finish.

Artwork by: Jess Kaiser

I hope that you enjoyed my project and I can't wait to share my next one!  Here is my complete supply list, including links to all the products!


Supply List:

Until next time,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment