Tuesday 15 October 2013

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #25

Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend (here in Canada!).  Today we are on Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #25!  Wow....the weeks keep flying by!

Here was the sketch we were given:


 

I decided to play with the Later Sk8r paperpack from Close to My Heart (which is now retired).  I added a few chipboard elements distressed with a gold pigment ink and a sentiment from a Kelly Purkey stampset I had in my stash.  Here is my finished card:


Supplies Used:

Close to My Heart
 - Slate Paper
 - Later Sk8r Paperpack
 - Slate Twist ties
 - Pear Ink
 - Lagoon Ink
 - Slate Ink
 - Chipboard Starts
 - Cardboard corrugated stars

Kelly Purkey
 - "Dude" Stamp set

Misc.

 - Gold Pigment Ink

I hope you enjoy and now go and create something to play along with our sketch challenge!
 
In the next few weeks I hope to post a few Christmas and Holiday related projects, so stay tuned!  Do you have a project or paperpack that you want to see me tackle & post?  Let me know in the comments!

Cheers!
 
-jess

5 comments:

  1. This is a very masculine card. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to always have a few masculine cards in my stash! They are sometimes difficult to do!

      Delete
  2. very creative. Later Sk8r, was not one of my favorite paper packs, but you have showed cased it beautifully !! Kudos to you on such a fabulous card !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! I've been itching to use the twist ties! LOL It wasn't my favorite paper either (I have 2 girls), but I have used it recently to make a few more masculine cards.

      Delete
  3. Such a fun card, I love it. Great use of twist ties!

    ReplyDelete