Friday 2 March 2018

SparkleNSprinkle - Balloon Bunch Flip Card

Hello crafty friends!  Ready for another SparkleNSprinkle card?


So this one was fun!  It was also very difficult to photograph! LOL It is a "flip it" card - meaning you pull on it and it flips from front to back! I will share a video on Instagram later today to show you how it moves!  First up, my SparkleNSprinkle Supply List!



Phew!  That's a long list of supplies for such a little card! LOL Just kidding. I used tons of sparkle and extras on this card...so let me show you how I made it!


First, I cut the actual card using a Sizzix Die (designed by Stephanie Barnard!). 


Next, I grabbed my stamp set and started on the main image. I stamped the balloons using Versamark Ink and embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder.  Remember to always use your Static Free Bag on your cardstock BEFORE you start stamping! It helps to keep the flyaway embossing powder away.  Then I grabbed my Nuvo Jewel Drops in 5 colors: Key Lime, Limcello, Rose Water, Orange Marmalade and Pale Periwinkle. I used them to "color" each of the balloons in.  I set them aside to dry and went to work on the rest of the card.  I actually had stamped the balloons multiple times so I could do some paper piecing later. SO I cut my main card image out and started adding the other details - the party swirls, sentiment and so on - always using Versamark Ink and then adding my embossing powder. I used Heliotrope for the "Happy Everything", Rosa for the Celebrate and party swirls. I added bits of glitter everywhere using the Sakura Glue Pen. It truly was a "play as you go" type of crafting!!! :P

  

      

I wanted to add some "flair" so I used the Verdi's Wave Die to cut some sticker paper swirls!  To the swirls I added the Mermaid Glitter.


Back to those balloons I had covered with the Jewel Drops!  They weren't quite dry when I went to cut them out - so I used my heat tool! Something really cool happened - they bubbled and popped and created a very neat effect!  I fussy cut them out and adhered them to my card using 1/2" Tear-ific Tape.


All the layers of the flip card were adhered with 1/4" and 1/2" Tear-ific Tape.

  

I felt I needed to add another element - so I added a strip of 1/2" Tear-ific Tape & 1/4" Tear-ific Tape across the bottom of the card. To one of the strips I added Caspia Sea Glitter and to the other I added Mermaid Glitter. Rose Water Jewel Drops were added in between. 

      

I like how this really fun card turned out. So festive! As you can see - as you pull it open, the inside flips to the outside! 

I hope you will go and try some of these "real technical" techniques! LOL  Have fun and let the glitter fly!

Until next time,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment